Now that October has drawn to a close, and the holidays are fast approaching a craving for home cooked meals sets in. What is awesome about Crock-pot recipes is that they are simple, low maintenance, and leave your house smelling wonderful and inviting. With the drop in temperature, I have been craving beef stew. This recipe is super simple and will satisfy the appetites of those big and small.
What you need:
1 package of stew beef
salt and pepper
1 can of beef broth
1 small can of tomato sauce
fresh herbs (rosemary, bay leaf, thyme)
- In a large Ziploc bag toss the beef in S&P and flour, until the cubes are coated well.
- In a large skillet, heat up some olive oil and add the beef. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Chop the vegetables.
- In a Crock-pot mix all of the ingredients together.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt).