Despite being back at work and schools starting up soon it IS still summer. If you’re like us, I’d wager you are trying to pack in as many “summer time” activities as possible into your free time so that you can live in their memory throughout the winter. Pool afternoons, road trips, beach weekends, and BBQs with friends and family are must dos, and with Labor Day just around the corner, this easy salad recipe is the perfect addition to any BBQ or picnic spread.
What you need:
-crumbled feta cheese
-balsamic vinegar (If you can find a balsamic vinegar reduction that is even better, but regular works as well.) ***If you are feeling adventurous and want to make your own reduction, try a recipe such as this one featured on Joyful Healthy Eats. ***
- Chop watermelon into small cubes and place into a bowl.
- Finely chop (I like to do slivers as they are a bit more delicate) strawberries and add toss into the bowl.
- Thinly slice and dice red onion and mint leaves and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Gently mix the salad together.
- Chill until you are ready to serve.
- Before serving, drizzle balsamic vinegar (reduction) over.