Driving home from work today, I knew that we needed to make a menu change from our original plans to something easy and delicious – read: tacos. After a long day at work, who really wants to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a meal that is so quickly devoured?
What you need:
- In a separate bowl, empty a container of sour cream.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into the bowl, and add chopped cilantro.
- Stir together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef.
- When it is all done, add seasoning and 2/3 cup of water.
- Stir, and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- While you doing steps 4-6, cook corn and refried beans and then set aside.
- In a warmed flour tortilla, spread a small spoonful of refried beans into a thin layer.
- Next, layer small spoonfuls of beef, corn, lettuce, cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. (For an extra kick, top with hot sauce.)
- Serve and enjoy!