Months ago, I ordered a home decor/hostess themed box from Birchbox. (Yes, they do more than beauty products!) It was filled with amazing goodies to host an event, two of which were a Raspberry Simple Syrup and a Lavender Lemon simple syrup. For a while (longer than I’d like to admit), these adorable bar cart additions have just sat in our liqueur cabinet. I was unsure of what to do with them, as I am not the most adventurous with creating various cocktail concoctions. In an effort to improve this, we have begun a tradition of “Friday Night Cocktail Creations”.
Last week, we made Jalapeno Cilantro Margaritas to accompany our easy recipe of semi-homemade BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas. Tonight we set out to find a way to use one of the aforementioned simple syrups. If you like the taste of lemonade, then you will enjoy this easy, and simple cocktail.
What you need:
-lavender lemon simple syrup
- In a martini glass, add ice and cold water. Allow to sit for a few minutes so that the glass becomes perfectly chilled. (This will allow you to skip watering down your drink with ice cubes.)
- While your glass chills, fill a shaker with ice.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice (tastes and amounts will vary) to the shaker.
- Add two shots of vodka to the shaker.
- Empty the martini glasses.
- Shake your cocktail shaker, and pour the drink between two martini glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon zest and maraschino cherries.