Switching up the usual Friday night of takeout, we decided to have an easy culinary fiesta after H went off to bed. While sipping on our Jalapeno Cilantro Margaritas and snacking on some fresh guacamole, we whipped up these easy and delicious BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas.
What you need:
– pulled pork (we added extra sauce to ours since we weren’t using any additional seasoning)
-shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
-cilantro and lime sour cream
- In a separate skillet, saute chopped pepper and onion, until they are tender and translucent.
- Heat a large skillet on low – medium setting.
- Place a tortilla on the skillet.
- Layer cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, and pulled pork on one half of the tortilla.
- Gently lift and fold the other side of the tortilla over the filling.
- Allow the quesadilla to brown for a few minutes, and then flip over and repeat. Wait until the tortilla is a golden brown before removing.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the quesadilla.
- Serve with a side of cilantro and lime sour cream and corn salsa salad.