Broccoli rice is my new jam and I found an amazing way to serve up this yummy dish that covers your daily intake of veggies. This easy recipe of beef stir fry with broccoli rice is easy to make and can be altered to you and your family’s liking.
What you need:
-thinly sliced beef (I used shaved steak)
-broccoli-beef stir fry seasoning
-sliced water chestnuts
-reduced sodium soy sauce
- Stir together 2/3 cup water and beef-broccoli stir fry seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok. Saute beef until it is mostly cooked. Once it has mostly cooked, remove from the skillet. Side note: If you don’t have one, you NEED a splatter screen in your life. They are AMAZING at cutting down on splatter when you cook things like bacon or meat in a skillet.
- When you remove the beef, let it cool for a few minutes, and then chop it into smaller pieces.
- In the skillet, cook mushrooms until they brown and begin to tender.
- Add the baby corn to the skillet and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the mushrooms and corn have begun to soften a little bit, add the onions, peas, and carrots.
- After about 2-3 minutes, add the water chestnuts and continue to saute.
- Add the broccoli rice, beef, and sauce. You may need to add a little olive oil or vegetable oil depending how dry your stir fry appears to be. Saute and stir frequently for about 7 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with soy sauce. Enjoy!