Now that Christmas is behind us, you may be looking forward to the next thing – New Year’s Eve. Whether you are staying in, going to an intimate gathering with friends, or headed off to a big ticket event or venue, you probably are eyeing your closet and plotting what to wear. Regardless of your plans, you will want to check out these NYE outfit ideas for some inspiration to dazzle on the 31st.
Causal & Comfy
Staying in? Cute and comfy doesn’t have to mean old sweatshirts and yoga pants. Try finding a pair of cute (comfy) jogger sweats. If you are feeling super festive, opt for a sequin pair. Pair joggers with a solid neutral colored blouse or fitted tee.
- Ribbed Bodysuit / H&M / $9.99
- Long-sleeve striped boatneck t-shirt / J.Crew Factory / $29.50
- Short-sleeved Blouse / H&M / $14.99
- Siddah Joggers / Anthropologie / $89.95
- Pure Body modal joggers / Gap / $39.95
- Glamorous Holographic Sequin Joggers / ASOS / $51.00
Intimate Gathering Out
Headed to a friend’s for dinner and drinks? Mix and match unexpected pieces from your wardrobe. Try pairing a vintage tee with a funky skirt or wearing fitted slacks with a fun blouse.
- The Beatles Park Photo t-shirt / Hot Topic / $5.99
- CECE Flutter Sleeve Sequin Velvet Sheer Yoke Top / Lord & Taylor / $47.40
- Top with Tribal Necklace / Zara / $29.99
- Faux-leather mini skirt / J.Crew Factory / $52.50
- Gigi Pant / J.Crew Factory / $38.00
- Metallic Fine Pleated Skirt / Zara / $35.99
Big Ticket Event or Destination Celebration
Step away from the traditional, and try a piece with a little more personality. Not only will you dazzle and shine, but stand out from the large crowds. If you are traveling, these pieces will pack easily, and can be worn to a variety of dinners and events.
- Pleated Color Block Dress / ASOS / $83.00
- Topshop Floral Velvet Dress / Nordstrom / $75.00
- Sequin herringbone slip dress / J.Crew Factory / $59.99
- Clean Obi Tie Wrap Dress / ASOS / $61.00
What are your plans for ringing in the new year? What other NYE outfit ideas are you excited to try this holiday season?