One of our absolute FAVORITE go to weeknight meals is Jalfrezi sauce with chicken. This recipe is so easy to follow and makes a delicious dish that can leave you with leftovers – always a win in our house.
What you need:
-chicken (usually I use two chicken breasts, but tonight I made my life a heck of a lot easier and just used the rest of the rotisserie chicken from our Rotisserie Chicken Quiche )
-one red pepper
-one yellow onion
-one jar of Jalfrezi sauce
-cilantro (unfortunately we didn’t have any tonight, but it is def. worth using if you do)
- In a skillet heat olive oil.
- Chop your peppers and onion and toss into the skillet. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Toss in chicken if you are using rotisserie (if you cook your own, you will need to cook it separately FIRST)
- Pour the entire jar of Jalfrezi sauce into the skillet, and stir until everything is nicely coated.
- Cook your rice.
- For a few minutes at the end, toss in the peanuts, and garnish with fresh cilantro.