This easy recipe is one of our family’s go-to weeknight meals. You can change the entire flavor based on whatever marinade or sauce you use. There is also NO defrosting required, so if you wake up in a rush for work, you can throw this together and come home to an amazing smelling house and home cooked meal ready to go.
What you need:
-frozen chicken breasts (we use 2, and we can get about 2 dinners and a lunch out of it)
-1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce (or whatever sauce you choose)
- Place frozen chicken breasts into the crock-pot.
- Pour the entire bottle of sauce over the chicken.
- Turn crock-pot on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- If possible, add sliced red onion to the crock-pot halfway through. If not, you can always add this at the end.
- After a few hours, or whenever you can, use two forks to shred the chicken in the pot, and keep cooking.
We usually serve this on hamburger rolls with pickle slices, and a side of corn, salad, and mac and cheese.
What are you favorite weeknight meals or crock-pot recipes? Would love to hear from you, so please share your thoughts in the comments below!