Not to sound like Martha Stewart, saying that I whipped up a four course meal in a two hour span with all things I grew in my own garden from rare organic seeds – I didn’t. I won’t. I did however create one of my new favorite fall meals, and it was super easy and pairs perfectly with the dropping temperatures.
What you need:
-1 can of pumpkin
-pizza dough or crust (I saved time tonight and just used a Boboli)
-honey roasted pecans
- Steam the butternut squash.
- While the squash is steaming, preheat your oven (I did 450 degrees for the Boboli), and grind the honey roasted pecans into small pieces.
- On the pizza dough, drizzle honey and olive oil.
- Once the butternut squash is soft, add sea salt and butter. Mix and mash the squash until you have a mashed potatoes-like mixture.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin, until they are well blended.
- Spread the pumpkin and squash on to your crust.
- Add crumbled goat cheese and chopped prosciutto.
- Sprinkle finely ground honey roasted pecans to the top.
- Bake for about 13 minutes.
My husband is not a fan of butternut squash, and he even went back for seconds on this pizza. We will definitely be making this again.